5 reasons why I enjoy being a morning person

People often give me the what the F*** face when I tell them I get up at 4.45 AM so I can arrive at the office before 7.30 AM. My work schedule has changed ever since I’ve become a mom (I used to work at 9 AM, like most people do). However, making that switch wasn’t that hard to be honest. I’ve always been a morning person just like my mom, so waking up early wasn’t and still isn’t a problem at all. In fact, I enjoy being a morning person. Did you know that waking up early in the morning is actually good for you? Here are 5 reasons why I prefer being a morning person instead of a night owl.

1// better sleep, better health, better skin

Getting up early in the morning also means going to bed early. For me, I need at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep before I can function in a proper way. On weekdays, I’d usually go to bed at 9-9.30 PM, on weekends I go to bed at 10 PM. I know, it sounds insanely early right? Thankfully, we are all early risers here, so when Aiden goes to bed, Wai and I still have some 1-2 hours left for the things we want to do — watching TV, checking our phone or reading a book. I found out that maintaining a consistent sleep schedule is good for my skin and body too. The next morning when I wake up, I’ll feel more refreshed, happier, good and well-rested.

2// more productive, less distracted

It’s much easier for me to get my work done in the mornings. I usually would make a to-do list so I can be more focused and less distracted. And that includes blogging too. Unlike most people, I won’t check my instagram feed in the mornings, instead, I’d start brainstorming for new (blogging) ideas or I would write a blog post (it’s currently 6.42 am as I write this post).

3// quiet and peaceful

Oh how I love these quiet, peaceful morning hours! On weekdays, I’m the first person who gets up in the house and I absolutely love it! It’s like having a me-time. During my ‘me-time’, I’m able to do my morning rituals such as doing my ‘simplified’ Korean skincare routine, doing some stretch exercises, having a quiet but well-balanced breakfast and drinking a glass of hot boiled water or soy milk before I’m heading off to work.

4// days are longer

By getting up early and getting things done in the morning, I have much more time in the day to plan activities, spending time with family or friends or getting even more things done. Those ‘extra hours’ make days seem longer and you know what? It also helps me to clear my mind and reduce stress.

5// morning workouts

My friend who is a personal trainer is such a great inspiration to me. Every morning, she gets up at 5 AM to start working out. She always says ‘morning workouts are the best’ and I couldn’t agree more! I used to exercise in the evenings and sometimes I had struggles with falling asleep. Now that I switched to doing workouts in the mornings, I feel more awake and energetic. Who needs a coffee anyway?

Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Zara floral wrap blouse
Pull & Bear mom jeans (similar here)
Mango basket bag
H&M loafers
Club Manhattan necklace

1. Miss. Nora June 20, 2018 / 6:13 am

i totally agree with this! i used to sleep until 10 or 11 most mornings during the summer & feel refreshed but now as i get older it makes me groggy the whole day if i sleep in late! i actually feel so much better waking up early. i love how calm it is, i always get a cup of coffee and sit outside.
    xo,Nora

June 28, 2018 / 1:56 pm

Yayy! Thumbs up for being a morning person! ;)

2. jane June 20, 2018 / 7:53 am

to be honest, i am not a morning person since i have a day work so i need to wake up early even i dont want too hahah.
    anyways, you look amazing.

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

June 28, 2018 / 1:58 pm

Hahaha that’s totally fine! And thank you for your comment. Means a lot to me! xx

3. Kasie Chelanne June 21, 2018 / 2:01 am

I am so envious that you are a morning person. I very much used to be but, as I got older, that seems to have shifted. Now my bursts of creativity come at about 9 PM. Not conducive to a good night of sleep!

June 28, 2018 / 2:00 pm

Thank you Kasie! I think it’s possible to go back to being a morning person if you ask me. It takes time, but I’m sure you’ll be able to do it once you have found your routine!

4. Hillory June 25, 2018 / 12:09 am

I love being a morning person too!! I feel like I can get so much done during the day…and then at night I get to just chill haha!

xo,

H

June 28, 2018 / 2:35 pm

Yeaahhh, gimme a high five ;) Hope all is well with you Hillory! xx

5. Yuliya Oleynykova June 25, 2018 / 5:19 pm

I love this article. I am actually not a morning person at all, I think. I wake up at around 8 am and then i am staying in bed to have my coffee and check the emails, chat to my girls etc. then I am taking lots of time to take a shower and have a proper breakfast. But then, at 11 am I start working and I feel very productive. Because I gave time to myself to wake up and get connected with my body, i get super productive and finish work quickly.

June 28, 2018 / 2:40 pm

Thank you for stopping by, Yuliya! I love your morning routine as well! It’s also important to take things slow and get connected with your body!

6. Heather Rowland June 26, 2018 / 4:30 pm

I’m a morning person too and I totally agree with all of these things you mentioned! I kick off each morning with a mini workout and it leaves me feeling so much better for the day. Plus I actually really enjoy having an earlier night compared to others – it leaves me feeling way more refreshed. Definitely love being a morning person and it’s so great to find someone who relates too. Thanks so much for sharing such a fab article!

Heather xoxo

June 28, 2018 / 3:10 pm

That’s very kind of you. Thank you so much, Heather! And I’m glad to hear that you enjoy being a morning person too ;) Getting up early allows me to start my day in a relaxed and productive way! Hope you are having a wonderful week! xx

7. nobasisinreality July 11, 2018 / 10:16 pm

I wish I was a morning person for these reasons exactly!

xx,
    Meredith
    LATEST POST | INSTAGRAM

July 12, 2018 / 10:32 am

Thank you for stopping by Meredith! Truly appreciate it ;) Practice makes perfect I’d say :)