5 things that waste your time and life

Okay, let’s imagine this. You are having a friends reunion with people you haven’t seen in a million years and they are talking about topics you actually don’t give a damn about. The more they talk, the more you start to think: what the heck am I doing here? Sounds familiar? Well, in this case you might be wasting your time. And as we all know, time is precious. Your life is precious. With that said, here are a few things you can stop wasting your time and start living a meaningful life.

First things first, a meaningful life doesn’t mean you have to be perfect or rich. No no no, instead, a meaningful life means feeling fulfilled, the way you choose to live every day.

1// stop worrying

I know, this is completely natural, if something bothers you, it drives you crazy and it worries you. If you can handle those things, try to find a solution instead. Harvey Specter from Suits always says: “What are your choices when someone puts a gun to your head? You take the gun, or you pull out a bigger one. Or, you call their bluff. Or, you do any one of 146 other things.” See? There are solutions.

2// stop complaining

It’s easier said than done, I know. BUT that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible! Complaining about your problems make you feel unhappy and less productive. So try to cut out the negativity. Complaining about your lack of sleep? Get into your bed earlier, avoid late eating, light (TV) and coffee. Complaining about your weight? Cut out (late night) snacking, eat mindfully and get your butt off the couch and hit the gym.

3// stop surrounding yourself with people you don’t like or make you feel less

Remember that friend reunion scenario I mentioned above? Why would you waste your time with people you actually don’t want to hang around with? Instead, go and surround yourself with inspirational people who can help you to grow (as a person) and who actually make you feel happy with the way you are. This may not be the best comparison, but have you ever seen a child playing with toys he didn’t like? A child would only play with items he likes and that’s pretty much the same thing.

4// stop pleasing everyone

Ugh, this is a good reminder to myself. I’ve been a people pleaser for as long as I can remember. In my early 20s, I always did something that I didn’t want in the first place as I didn’t want others to get disappointed or get angry with me. Now fast forward to now, I’m still learning to say no, but I’m more able to prioritize myself and my family in a much better way. And this my friend, this is not being selfish, but it’s learning to accept that not everyone likes you AND that’s completely okay. Trust me.

5// stop living in the past

We all make mistakes and sometimes we regret for the things we have done in the past. If we could turn back time, we probably would have done something else. However, we can’t erase the past. Try to accept it, learn from your mistakes and let go of the past. Stop living in the past, live in the present moment.

What is a waste of time in your life?

Zara floral linen dress
H&M sandals
Zara basket bag
Club Manhattan earrings

Credits
Mrs Tang

1. Hui June 12, 2018 / 11:36 pm

Nr 1 en 4 klinken heel bekend in de oren bij mij. Dat was ook toen ik nog jonger was. Ik vond andere mans mening over mij belangrijk. Maar dat is allemaal verleden tijd. Heb geleerd dat je moet doen waar jezelf goed bij voelt. Maakt niet uit hoe andere mensen over mij denken :) live for yourself 🥂🥂 haha

And btw nice ootd 🤩

Loves
    Hui

June 14, 2018 / 12:15 pm

Ahhh thanks Hui!! Jaa precies! Ik vind ook zodra je lekker in je vel zit, dat je ook anderen kunt helpen of inspireren. Het begint allemaal bij jezelf ;) Gewoon lekker de dingen doen die je leuk vindt! :) xx

2. Missy May June 14, 2018 / 11:18 am

Love the comfort of your look Vivian. Summer perfection and beautiful. Those pointers are goals for this year and I must say, I’m in a better place than I was last year. Thanks for sharing. Truth!

3. Carmen Jenny June 14, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Oh some great reminders Vivian! I really agree on all of these – especially the one with stop worrying and not pleasing everyone. I think I also have to remember myself to stop worrying about strict plans. I always like to have everything scheduled, but sometimes I have to push myself to be more spontaneous :)
    xx, Carmen – http://carmitive.com

4. eloisegallant June 14, 2018 / 1:42 pm

i’m so guilty on that first first tip on worrying. Need to take your advice seriously because i”m so tired of it haha. These photos are so pretty btw, perfect ethereal feminine soft vibes.

5. Miss. Nora June 14, 2018 / 3:23 pm

i absolutely love this!! a lot of these things i struggle with everyday, especially #5 & #3. with time i’ve gotten way better with these things. before, i would be hanging out with some people and was miserable! then it made me think, what am i doing here?! i chose to be here & i can choose to leave!! been learning more and more each day that my happiness has to come first. ( i want your outfit btw lol (: )

6. Deasy June 14, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Love these photos and your advice. I am happy to say I’m getting better about cutting people out who don’t make me happy, and I’m trying to learn how to be better to those who do. A time waster for me is watching too much t.v. (and youtube) and not being productive on getting towards my goal. I’ve cut down on those things for the past couple of days, and honestly have felt so much better about my days. Looking forward to continuing the progress!

7. WhatWouldVWear June 15, 2018 / 10:51 pm

Great tips, V! I totally agree with all of these points! I totally need to stop worrying but ever since I have become a mom it’s been so hard! It really changed me when I had kids. I never worried ever but with kids it seems impossible! On a different note, YOU look so lovely! Hope to see you this summer! We are coming to Amsterdam!
    Have a wonderful weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa

8. Jessica June 17, 2018 / 9:24 am

This is such an adorable dress dear! The details are so dainty, and it looks so classic. Anyway, couldn’t agree more with your points here, especially on pleasing everyone. We all wanted to be liked, but it’s better to be disliked for who you are, than be loved for who you are not.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com