Why I love a button up blazer dress (and why you should, too)

Summer has arrived early which means it’s time to gear up for warmer days! When it comes to summer dressing, a dress is something you can’t miss in your closet. Think of maxi, off the shoulder and cold shoulder dresses. These dresses scream summer.
If I’m being honest, I don’t wear dresses that often. If I had to choose between a dress or a pair of jeans, I’d go for some jeans — for sure. I’m a denim girl at heart. I feel the most comfortable in a good, old pair of (skinny mid waisted) jeans. However, I tend to wear more dresses this year. So today we’re going to talk about one of my favourite dresses. This double breasted button up (blazer) dress is amazing and I’m over-the-moon! And I think it’s safe to say this dress is one that you don’t want to miss either..Want to know why?

1// versatility. I know, you may have seen the word ‘versatile’ a million times on my blog. But let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to get the most out of a clothing piece? It can save you lots of money, plus versatile items can be worn for a lifetime. I absolutely love button up (and tie wrap dresses too!). These items act as a dress (dohh), but it can also be worn as an open blazer. One dress, endless ways, I’d say!

2// the pattern. As you may have guessed, I have such a weak spot for stripes. And this colour combo: navy blue on beige is just perfect! “My life isn’t perfect, but my outfit can be.”

3// this dress looks way more expensive than it actually is. This piece was under 50 euros. A steal right? Nobody will notice.

4// the texture. Okay, it isn’t made of linen, but it looks like linen! However, this dress is made of cotton which is comforable to wear as well. Suitable for summer too.

5// I love the fact it has shoulder pads. Bags with thin straps won’t be a problem anymore.

6// It features a cinched waist which adds a feminine twist.

Now I’m sharing two different looks with you: a casual one (I’m wearing straight jeans for the first time!) and a classic chic one. Which one is your fave?

:: look 1 ::

:: look 2 ::

I’m wearing:: look 1
Bershka linen dress
Zara basic tee
Zara straight jeans
Céline bag (similar here)
Ace & Tate sunglasses
Keds sneakers (similar here)

I’m wearing:: look 2
Bershka linen dress
Gucci belt (similar here)
H&M flats
Mango bag
Ace & Tate sunglasses
Pandora pearl earrings

1. Monique | SkeletonWeirdo May 28, 2018 / 10:13 pm

I LOVE THIS BLAZER DRESS! I didn’t even know it was a thing really, but i adore this look. And this specific blazer dress is absolute adorable!
    SkeletonWeirdo

May 29, 2018 / 10:25 am

Thank you so much for stopping by, Monique! And I’m glad you liked the blazer dress! Have a wonderful week!

May 29, 2018 / 10:27 am

Haha I know right? This blazer dress is super versatile, can’t live without ever since! As always, thanks for your lovely comment Rubi! x

June 5, 2018 / 11:01 am

Awww thanks a million V! Hope you’re having an amazing week! xx

2. Kara May 30, 2018 / 4:34 pm

I love the look of blazer dresses, but for some reason I never thought about the fact that it could be worn open as a blazer too! This one is such a nice change from the usual black ones I’ve seen. I love both looks so much that I can’t pick which one is my favorite!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

June 5, 2018 / 11:02 am

Hahaha you’re the sweetest, Kara! As always, thank you so much for your lovely comment ;) Hope you are having an amazing week so far! xx

June 5, 2018 / 11:17 am

Thanks Hillory! Glad you liked it too! It’s one of my favourite dresses for summer :)

3. Kara May 31, 2018 / 12:57 am

I love the look of blazer dresses, and for some reason it never crossed my mind that they could be worn open as a blazer too! This one is such a nice change from the black ones I’ve seen. And I can’t pick which look is my favorite, they’re both so cute! x

x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

4. Jessica May 31, 2018 / 4:25 am

It’s definitely a beautiful classic. Love its vintage vibe, looks really chic and edgy on you dear.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

June 5, 2018 / 11:21 am

Thanks Jessica! I’m glad you like the blazer dress! :)

June 5, 2018 / 11:22 am

Thank you so much for your kind words, truly appreciate it :) I’m glad to hear you liked the outfit! x

5. Batsheva June 1, 2018 / 10:40 pm

I love that dress! Versatility is so my thing, as it really does save a lot of money. Honestly, my closet does need something like this !!

June 5, 2018 / 11:24 am

Haha thanks Batsheva! I’m glad you liked it! It’s one of my favourite dresses for summer :)

6. coatandcoffee June 2, 2018 / 2:59 am

Yesss I love this blazer! I love that you can wear it two ways too. I love purchases like that. ;)

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

June 5, 2018 / 11:43 am

Thank you for stopping by! Glad you liked this versatile piece!