I am perfectly imperfect

I’m sure we all have our insecurites, whether you are a teenager, college student, an influencer or a CEO of a large company — everyone feels insecure about something. It’s no secret, we are constantly facing visual perfection on social media, which can be either good or bad. For those who are also on Instagram, you probably know what I’m talking about. Every time you scroll through your Instagram feed, seeing the most beautiful pictures, you will probably think “why don’t I look like him or her?”, “why can’t I be talented” or “I wish I had that ideal body or I wish my place looks like this”. “Why can’t I be perfect?”

The truth is, there’s no such thing as perfect. In fact, what is perfectionism actually? I recently read an article about this topic and it reminded me of the picture perfect images we see on Instagram. People (including myself) post pictures that will make you instantly fall in love with.
We often find ourselves comparing ourselves to others as we have our insecurities. We strive for an ideal lifestyle, cause let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to live that happiest life, living in a Pinteresty house, going to the Maldives, lying on the beach, swimming in crystal clear water and drinking cocktails in the sun? Or having that killer body you’ve always dreamed of? But is this what people call ‘perfection’? Does it really exist? And if it exists, would you go for this perfect world? Wouldn’t it be boring if there are no challenges? Everyone will look like the same and do the same exact thing.

Over the past few years, I’ve learned that perfection is not a life goal and it isn’t something that only includes good things either. With that said, you’ll need imperfections in order to make things perfect. As I speak for myself, my imperfections are a part of me— they make me the person I am today. Okay, I can’t please everyone, I can be impulsive sometimes, I feel insecure about several things, I’m not a size 0, I’m not popular on social media, I make mistakes all the time..This however, doesn’t mean I’m not happy with myself. In fact, I learned to accept myself, though it took me years to do that. Now, I’m not saying I don’t compare myself to others anymore (it’s completely natural, it’s the human nature after all), but the older I get, the more I’m able to draw the attention to what I already have (achieved) and not what I lack or miss. By learning to accept yourself completely, you’ll be happier, you’ll truly love yourself and it can lead you to new perspectives on life.

So here’s a little message to you all: I’m imperfectly perfect. Being imperfect isn’t bad. Imperfection is something that makes you perfect instead. You are a unique flower that deserves to be happy.

Imperfection is perfection to a beautiful perspective.

H&M blouse
Primark turtleneck
Pull & Bear mom jeans
Keds shoes
Gucci bag (similar here)

May 29, 2018 / 8:52 am

Awww this is so sweet, thank you so much for your support V! You’re the best! xx

1. coatandcoffee May 22, 2018 / 12:53 am

I am always trying to let go of my perfectionism. I don’t care about so much in my work as I do my appearance. Imperfection is what makes us all unique! I love that there’s only one me. :)

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

May 29, 2018 / 8:53 am

Yes me too! I’m glad you liked this post Emily :) Have a wonderful week! x

May 29, 2018 / 8:55 am

Thank you so much Hillory! Glad you liked the post! Yes, I’m truly happy that I’m perfectly imperfect :)

2. Jessica May 22, 2018 / 6:43 am

What a lovely read. It’s our perfect imperfections that makes us beautiful and unique from everybody else. Cheers!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

May 29, 2018 / 8:56 am

Thank you so much Jessica! Couldn’t agree more! Hope you are having a lovely week so far! x

May 29, 2018 / 8:58 am

Thank you so much Mónica! Glad you liked the post :) x

3. The Style Contour May 25, 2018 / 7:48 am

I could relate so much to what you’ve shared here. These past few months have been some of the most challenging for me and it’s forced me to really look deeper and find the positive in every situation and not be so hard on myself to strive for unattainable perfection. Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a great weekend!

XO,

Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

May 29, 2018 / 9:06 am

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with me too, Jalisa! Truly appreciate it! I know exactly what you mean, I’ve struggled with these too until I finally realised being imperfect isn’t wrong, it’s a part of ‘me’ which makes me unique and I love the fact that there’s only one me. It makes me happier. I hope you’ll be able to do that too, don’t be harsh on yourself, you are a unique flower :)

4. stylewich May 26, 2018 / 9:38 pm

I love how you are weaving beautiful perspective into your stylish outfit posts. I couldn’t agree more with this post and I hope you pass down this wisdom to your son. By the way, your photos are looking spectacular. They’ve always been wonderful but your talent is really blossoming lately. Keep up the amazing work pretty lady and have a great weekend!

xo Elizabeth | stylewich.com

May 29, 2018 / 9:18 am

Thank you so so much Liz! Your comments always make me smile:) I hope I can tell this to Aiden when he grows up so he can understand there’s no need to be perfect. I’m glad you liked the pictures. Wai and I have been constantly working hard, snapping, discovering etc. and it’s safe to say that we finally found a picture style that really suits me (as a person). Hope you are having an amazing week! x

5. Batsheva May 28, 2018 / 4:45 am

I love the sentiments in this post. I struggled a bit with that this year, as all around me in college were all these people doing really cool things, getting really prestigious internships, and I felt like I didn’t add up. but getting a prestigious internship isn’t going to make my life perfect, or lead me to happiness. and once I accepted that people grow at different paces, I realized that I had a lot of accomplishments that they didn’t have. This was a great post. And that is a really classic outfit, I love it.

May 29, 2018 / 9:23 am

Hi Batsheva, first of all, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me! I know it’s hard not to compare yourself to others, but I’m also glad to hear that you realised it doesn’t make you feel happy and that you are thankful for those things you have achieved. You are unique in your own way!

May 29, 2018 / 9:36 am