How to pack winter clothing

Hi guys! I hope you’re having an amazing week so far! Today I’m sharing with you how to save room in your suitcase by just using 1 folding technique! Yes, you read that right! There’s nothing more annoying than packing, especially when it comes to those bulky oversized chunky knits. Oh boy, knits are a must during winter time, but they take up a lot of space. But no worries! I’ve got you covered! Let’s learn how to fold your bulky winter clothing into a square shape in just a few steps. My aunt taught me this method and I’ve been using it ever since. It’s super simple, it saves you time, frustration and it will make your life so much easier!

Step 1

First, lay out a knitted sweater flat on its front. Then take the hem of you sweater and fold it behind. Make sure to fold the neck part to the center as well.

Step 2

Next, fold the sleeves inwards.

Step 3

Fold each side of the sweater inwards. Make sure they are overlapping each other. You’ll now have a rectangular shape.

Step 4

Now, fold the sweater into a square shape.

Step 5

Flip it over.

Step 6

Remember the hem? Grab the hem and fold it over the ends. Now your knit is safe and secured.

Alright, that’s it for today! Pretty simple right? I hope you found this tutorial useful! Please let me know if you have any other folding techniques for traveling! Sharing is caring :)

March 8, 2018 / 8:40 am

Thank you beautiful! I’m so glad you found it useful! :) Hope your day is as lovely as you are! xx

March 8, 2018 / 8:39 am

Thanks Dom! Glad you found it useful! This technique is such a game changer :) Btw, I went to London last week and I finally bought the Cover FX enhancer drops!! :D

March 8, 2018 / 8:38 am

I know right! I hate packing, I always get headache when I need to pack my winter clothing until now! Thank you for stopping by :) Hope your day is as lovely as you are!

1. lizbreygel March 8, 2018 / 3:09 pm

My winter clothes look like a total mess :) Thank you for the tip, it i super useful!

Lots of love ♥ Janury Girl

March 12, 2018 / 9:59 am

Thank you so much for stopping by! Glad you found it useful :) xx

March 12, 2018 / 9:59 am

Thanks Courtney! Have a great start to your week! xx

2. coatandcoffee March 8, 2018 / 6:30 pm

Dang! This is crazy cool to see. Mine never turn out like that in my suitcase lol. Definitely using this tip for my next winter trip. :)

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

March 12, 2018 / 10:00 am

Haha I know right! This folding technique works wonders! Have a great start to your week :) x

March 12, 2018 / 10:01 am

Thank you so much Alexa! x

March 12, 2018 / 10:16 am

Thank you for stopping by, Nina! Have a great start to your week! xx

3. Emily March 9, 2018 / 6:54 pm

Winter clothes are always SUCH a challenge for me to pack because of how bulky they are! Great tips and photos!

-Emily | http://www.East91Blog.com

March 12, 2018 / 10:17 am

Thanks Emily! Have a great start to your week! ;) xx

4. stylewich March 10, 2018 / 5:44 am

Hey lovely Vivian! This tutorial is awesome. My stuff always gets wrinkled and mashed up when I travel. You’re the best with these helpful tips babe! I’m still around…. I’m enjoying my break and time with my boys. Motherhood is a busy time isn’t it?? Will start posting again next week and will catch up on everyone’s posts too. Missed you so much!

Love, Liz

March 12, 2018 / 10:33 am

Hiii Liz! So happy to hear from you and that everything’s going well! Missed you so much! Haha I couldn’t agree more! Motherhood is indeed a busy time, but I really enjoy it. Aiden is almost one, can you believe it? Time flies by so fast! He’s not a baby anymoree weeeeehhh! Anyway, I’m so glad you’re back and I can’t wait to read your posts! :) Have a great start to your week beautiful! xx

5. Nancy March 10, 2018 / 6:29 am

These are some helpful techniques in maximizing your luggage space! Winter clothes are so big – they can take up a lot of unnecessary room. I didn’t know about folding up the knit! Thanks for the tip!

exquisitely.me

March 12, 2018 / 10:50 am

You’re so welcome Nancy! This folding technique is a game changer! It saves you a lot of room in your suitcase :) Have a great start to your week! xx

6. jane March 12, 2018 / 4:35 am

I used to pack my things in this way too.
    It makes my things easy to organize.
    Great share babe.

Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

7. karasclosetblog March 15, 2018 / 7:41 pm

This is so helpful! I always dread traveling in winter because everything takes up so much suitcase space. I’ll definitely be using this on my next trip! x

x Kara | http://karascloset.net/