The Tse Family (and what we’ve been up to lately)

As you may notice, it’s been a little quiet here, but the Tse family is still busy as ever! Here’s a little update on what we’ve been up to for the past few weeks.

First of all, we’d like to welcome our newest family member: our brother-in-law! Yesss!! My sister finally tied the knot! We flew all the way to Hong Kong to attend her wedding, part two. Errr wait..did I say part two? Yes! Don’t get me wrong, my sister has not been remarried (hell no!), but her wedding took place in two different locations. First part in Europe, second part in Asia. My little sister, Ling and I were lucky to be one of her bridesmaids. I must say, it wasn’t always easy to complete tasks in time, especially when it came to Chinese marriage traditions! Chinese weddings are full of rituals and taboos. Believe me, there’s a big difference between overseas Chinese tradition and Chinese-Chinese tradition (if that makes sense). Nevertheless, we all enjoyed the wedding and now my sister and brother-in-law live happily ever after.

Now let’s move on to the next celebration, shall we? One of my best friends, Cindy moved back to Hong Kong a few years ago. Though we live miles and miles and miles away from each other, we always take the time to check up on each other, care for each other, to understand and listen to each other (sounds like a marriage vow haha), but most importantly, accept each other in the way we are. If you ask me, a genuine friendship truly lives in the heart. So in order to celebrate our 10 years of friendship, Cindy & I did a special photo session in Hong Kong. This shoot does not only stand for our friendship, but also for staying connected to our Chinese roots. I seriously can’t wait to share the photos with you!

Speaking of photo sessions, there’s another one (or should I say two?) which I’d like to mention. We traveled to Tokyo! Instead of going up on the well known Tokyo Tower, Ling and I decided to dress up in kimonos for a day. We had loads of fun and photos will be coming soon!

Last but not least: today marks 7 months with my baby boy! People always say that time flies when you have kids. The more time passes, the more I realize it’s so ridiculously true! I mean, we’re already approaching the end of the year..
As Aiden hits another milestone, plus we don’t really have family pictures yet, we wanted to capture these precious moments on camera too. So here are a few shots from our family photo session. I hope you’ll like them as much as we do. A big THANK YOU to our photographer friend, Chymo for capturing these beautiful memories!

Happy 7 months, my little pumpkin!

Credits
Chymo & More Photography

Thank you for taking the time to read our post. Until next time.

– the Tse family

1. Stella November 1, 2017 / 7:49 pm

My dear Vivian, I don’t know where to start from! Thank you for sharing those amazing photos! Aiden is such a cutie! I can’t imagine how happy you must be! We can’t wait for our little one to arrive as well, we still have 3,5 months left and I hope they will pass as fast as you say cause I really can’t wait to hold him!
    Congrats on your sister too, such great news! I look forward to see your photos with your friend wearing kimonos, must be amazing!
    Love,
    Stella

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 11:26 am

Thank you so much Stella! Aww 3,5 months to go? Time does fly, believe me. Before you know, you will be holding your baby in your arms:) Hope all is well with you and thanks for dropping by! xx

2. Laura Torninoja November 2, 2017 / 3:15 pm

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL! And so, so adorable. x

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 11:28 am

Thank you so much for stopping by, Laura! xx

3. Real Girl Talks November 2, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Aww! Your cutie has the most adorable smile! Congratulations to your sister on her wedding and to you & your friend too for the amazing friendship and the bond you both share! I can’t wait to see your pictures in Kimono! :)
    xx

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 11:59 am

That’s so sweet of you, thanks babe! xx

4. WhatWouldVWear November 3, 2017 / 4:29 pm

V, these family pictures are SO precious! Thank you for sharing them with us! Also, delighted to hear that your sis got married! This is so exciting and let me tell you: Aiden is A CUTIE!!! Jaxson’s future best friend in the Netherlands!
    Have a wonderful weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Awww I’ve missed you V! Hahaha would be so much fun then! ;) Love you to the moon and back! xx

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 1:20 pm

True that! Thanks for stopping by Sheena! xx

5. Nancy November 5, 2017 / 7:51 am

Congratulations to your sister on getting married! I totally understand the two marriages for family overseas. Glad you enjoyed the wedding.

It’s so cool that you got to book a photo session with a really good friend! Glad you two had a good celebration :). Happy 7 months to Aiden! Love the family pictures :)!

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 1:24 pm

That’s so sweet of you, thank you so much Nancy! Have a great start to your week! xx

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 1:25 pm

Thanks Jessica! You’re the sweetest! Have a great start to your week xx

6. Kim November 6, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Wow you’ve been so busy! Congrats to your sister! I love introducing new people to the family!

Kim
    simplylovebirds.com

7. Kasie Chelanne November 7, 2017 / 10:44 pm

It sounds like it has been an incredibly busy few months for you and your family! I can’t believe Aiden is already seven months old, how time flies. It must be so fun to look back on this photography session and see how much he has changed!

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 1:30 pm

Indeed! I love photo sessions! Love capturing the special moments in life :) Have a great start to your week Kasie! xx

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Thank you so much Rachel, so sweet of you! Have a great start to your week xx

• Vivian Tse November 13, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Hahaha we are! Have a great start to your week Tiffany! xx