YES, you’ve seen it correctly! I’m wearing head to toe colour! I told you my hormones are out of control..
Lately, I’ve been adding lots of colours and prints into my wardrobe. Shades of pink and red are officially my so called “summer colours” for clothes.
In my outfit today, I wore a floral wrap top. To be honest, it wasn’t love at first sight. I love florals, they are pretty, cute and add a little romance to any outfit. However, florals can also make you look older if not worn correctly. Also, this busy print might be a little overwhelming if you haven’t tried this trend before. So how to rock the floral trend this summer? Here are a few tips..
• Choose the scale of a floral pattern wisely. Large floral prints can make you look wider whereas small prints make you look slimmer.
• Go for a neutral based floral print top if you want to play it safe. A neutral based floral top can make you look fresh and chic at the same time. Pair it with a simple pair of trousers or jeans for a casual look. Perfect for a lunch date. Style it with a pencil skirt for a girls night out.
• If you are not sure what type of florals would suit you, go for daisy floral prints. For me, daisies stand for spring/summer, freshness, youthfulness and innocence. And they just add a cute, playful touch your outfit. Perfect, right?
• Floral (maxi) dresses are the perfect go-to summer dresses. They just create that summery, feminine feel and they work for almost any occasion.
• Outerwear. Spice up your outfit by wearing a floral blazer or a bomber. Can’t go wrong.
• Bottoms. Floral trousers, especially the loose, light weight ones might be tricky as it may give you that granny feel due to the fabric. If you want to play it safe again, go for some jeans with floral patch details. Floral patched jeans make you stand out from the crowd without trying too hard. Can’t go wrong, I’d say.
• Footwear. Wear floral clothes with heels for a feminine, confident feel, (pointed toe) flats for a trendy, sophisticated touch or a nice pair of kicks for a comfy yet urban look.
Would you go “flower power” this summer?
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Until next time,