How to achieve Korean straight-across eyebrows (without having to trim)

As you’re reading this, Wai and I are on our way to Amsterdam! We’re having a maternity photo shoot today! We’ve deciced to take one as we want to look back on our precious memories when we’re older. We hope the results turn out well! Anyway, let’s get back to business.

Have you heard of the Korean eyebrow trend yet? The so called Korean straight-across eyebrows have been a huge trend in Korea and Asia Pacific region for a long time now. Straight-across eyebrows make you look innocent and younger. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t want to look younger? The first time when I got my à la Korean eyebrows done was when I was in Hong Kong last year. I met a makeup artist who was responsible for my look for the pre-wedding photo shoot. I was literally blown away by her makeup skills! I absolutely loved the shape she drew on me. It was full, straight and so natural, just like the ‘original’ K-brows! I’ve never seen myself with Korean eyebrows before and I wished they could stay with me forever. Let me tell you a secret, I’ve overplucked my eyebrows when I was a teenager (I know, it was in at that time). However, some of my eyebrow areas never grew back since. So if you have full, thick eyebrows, don’t pluck your eyebrows too thin, you’ll regret that for the rest of your life!

But hey, it doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world if you’ve already done that. You can still have those straight-across eyebrows thanks to eyebrow makeup! :) I’ve been practicing K-brows a lot and it took me a lifetime in order to get some à la Korean brows. I’ve asked my friend for advice, watched a lot of YouTube tutorials, used eyebrow stencils and I’ve even tried a lot of different eyebrow pencils/powders in several colours. So here’s my version on how to get the K-brows without trimming. Before I start this tutorial, let me get something straight. One side of my face is lower than the other (if you look closely, you can see that my left eyebrow is a little higher than my right). So you might see a slight difference between those eyebrows. But they don’t have to look exactly the same, they’re sisters, not twins :)

Step 1

First of all, it’s important to determine where your brows should begin and end. As you can see in the pictures above, I wasn’t overreacting. I barely have any eyebrows left which means I won’t leave the house without having my eyebrows fixed (even when I’m going into labor in April)!

Step 2

Use an eyebrow pencil (I’m using a grey/brown one here) to outline the shape of your brow. I’ve drawn a slight, soft arch for a more natural look.

Step 3

When it comes to filling in the brows, my friend suggested me to choose 1 or 2 shades lighter than my hair colour. My hair colour is black, so I’ve used a light brown pencil to fill in my brows combined with the grey/brown one. Make sure to fill in the direction of your hair growth. Also, apply it carefully and lightly as dark eyebrows make you look harsh.

Step 4

Clean up any eyebrow mistakes with a Q-tip. My eyebrows were a little too dark here. So I’ve used a Q-tip and brushed it lightly over my brows. Also, if you’re not satisfied with the shape yet, apply some concealer directly above and under your eyebrow. You can use your fingertips or a concealer brush for this.

Tadaaa..one side is done :)

Step 5

Now repeat on the other side. Follow steps 1-4.

Result…

..and your K-brows are done! Remember: it’s alright if the results don’t turn out as expected. Practice makes perfect! Just don’t give up!

Would you try this K-brow trend too?

Products details
A’Pieu eyebrow pencil, #4 gray brown
Majolica Majorca eyebrow pencil, #BR771
Innisfree concealer, #1 natural beige
Anna Sui mirror

1. Hui February 10, 2017 / 11:44 am

envy your sister brows!!!! My brows,,, they are not even sisters 🤣

• Vivian Tse February 13, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Hahha no wayyyy, I don’t believe you! You always look good! :)

2. Kawan February 10, 2017 / 12:46 pm

Nice tutorial :) Looks so pretty!

• Vivian Tse February 13, 2017 / 3:12 pm

Thanks doll! :) Glad you liked it! xo

3. Stella Asteria February 10, 2017 / 1:39 pm

What a great tutorial Vivian! I used to plug mine a lot years ago and they are never as full as they were. I use an eyeshadow to fill the gaps and will definitely try your method! Have a great weekend and much fun in the maternity photoshoot! xo
    Stella

• Vivian Tse February 13, 2017 / 3:18 pm

Thank you so much Stella! I’m so glad you found it useful! The maternity photo shoot was lovely, but it was incredibly cold! Can’t wait to share the results with you :) Have a great start to your week! :) xo

4. Sura February 10, 2017 / 2:35 pm

I love the tips& tricks! You looking gorgeous :) Thanks for sharing

• Vivian Tse February 13, 2017 / 3:19 pm

Hi babe! Thanks for leaving a comment here :) Truly appreciate it! Glad you found it useful :) Happy Monday! xo

• Vivian Tse February 22, 2017 / 2:56 pm

You’re welcome Olga! Glad you found it useful! :)

5. The Wanderliste February 14, 2017 / 5:35 am

Love the way you did your eyebrows Vivian! I have to say I need to invest more time in makeup especially around my eye areas. I usually wear glasses to work and sometimes I forget to do my eyes haha~ then I scare myself when I look into the mirror :). Have you tried the Benefit brow gel? I was recommended by the sales lady at Sephora, and so far it’s helped me get a fuller look. I need a good pencil too! Oh my list continues :) Happy valentine’s day hun! Hope you and Wai and your baby (soon to say hello to the world!) have a great time celebrating! :) xo~ Lena

• Vivian Tse February 22, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Thanks for your lovely comment, Lena! No, I haven’t tried the Benefit brow gel yet, but I’m currently using the YSL couture marker which is one of my faves as well :) Would love to try that gel brow as well! Hope you’re having an amazing week so far! xo, Vivian

6. Colovibes February 14, 2017 / 8:11 pm

I had no clue about it but definitively now with this post and your super tips I’m on it babe!!
    Can’t wait to see the pictures you are doing in Amsterdam!!
    BTW, Happy Valentine’s day!!
    Xo

• Vivian Tse February 22, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Thanks Heidi! Hope you had a lovely V-day as well! xo

• Vivian Tse February 22, 2017 / 3:03 pm

Totally agreed! Thanks for stopping by :) xo

• Vivian Tse February 22, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Thanks Jane! Glad you found it useful :) xo

7. Elizabeth Lee February 25, 2017 / 1:40 am

So these are the secrets to your impeccable beauty looks! My friends are pros with the k-brows too and I’ve been trying to conform my brows but they misbehave! :P

Love, Liz