The new us

Hi :)

0001

I hope you have been well! Wai and I are finally back after a long social media break. Life had been a bit hectic the past few months. First of all, as many of you may know, we were in the middle of moving. Packing boxes for the moving was such a pain in the arse especially when it came to my wardrobe. Over the years, I have been ‘collecting’ clothes like crazy. From hot pants to Korean style puff sleeves ..and I actually never thought of getting rid of them since I always think ‘they might come back in fashion’. However, I knew Wai wouldn’t buy it, so I was forced to donate a lot of clothes. Second, furniture shopping. What started out fun ended up frustrating. Curtains with inaccurate measurements (my bad), a coffee marble table which turned out to be no marble-ish at all.. We were a bit stressed as everything had to be fixed before our wedding.

Speaking about the wedding, it was such an amazing, stress free day (pictures coming soon)! We got married at a fairy tale estate and we had such a beautiful weather — 28 degrees. Everything went smoothly, we’ve enjoyed every single minute. Plus, I didn’t step on my wedding dress when I walked down the aisle (thanks to my cousin who saved me at the last minute!), couldn’t have asked for more.

But wait! There’s more…Besides the Mr & Mrs part, we’ll be also living under the label ‘mommy and daddy’ soon. Yes, you’ve read this correctly. I’m pregnant! Wai and I are thrilled and so thankful! We can’t wait to meet our little one! The first four months of my pregnancy had been tough for me. I felt constantly nausea, tired and I even passed out twice since my blood pressure was low. Also, I couldn’t handle dairy products anymore. My morning sickness had been so bad that I couldn’t keep much food down. I’ve lost several pounds and I had difficulty focusing at work. Anyway, I’m officially 21 weeks pregnant now and I can finally say I’m feeling great! My blood pressure and iron levels are normal since my last check-up and our baby is growing healthy. We had our gender reveal party two weeks ago and we had so much fun! And you know what? Many of our friends & family have guessed the sex of the baby correctly!

Oh and in case you’re curious about the gender of our baby, take a look at the rose petals.. :)

006

003

009

004

002

gender-reveal-collage

Mango cardigan (old)
Primark top
H&M leggings
Etos ‘juicy gossip’ lipstick

1. Angela November 21, 2016 / 7:27 pm

Congratulations! It’s a boy! 💙💙 And you look gorgeous pregnant woman. Pretty hairdo too.

November 29, 2016 / 2:42 pm

Hi Angela! Great to hear back from you! Hope all is well with you :) Thank you so much for your lovely comment! You make me blush! xo

2. Sofia November 21, 2016 / 10:24 pm

Yay I’m glad to see you around again and looking so radiant and beautiful. Congratulations and sending hugs! xx

November 29, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Thanks so much Sofia! You’re so sweet! It took some time to ‘recover’, but I’m doing great now :) xo

3. Colovibes November 22, 2016 / 9:02 pm

Welcome back!!! I’m so happy for you, you look gorgeous!! And glad that now your are feeling great, I knew that for some moms was tough the first 3 months but did not knew that it could be that hard, but for sure it is worst it!! Can¡t wait to see that cute little boy and your next post!! Yay!
    Xo

November 29, 2016 / 2:49 pm

Hi Heidi! Great to hear back from you! Missed you a lot and thanks so much for not leaving me! To be honest, I had no idea it would be that hard until I got pregnant myself! Hope all is well with you too! xo

November 29, 2016 / 2:49 pm

Thanks so much Jenn! xo

November 29, 2016 / 2:51 pm

That’s so sweet of you, thank you so much, Jane!! xo

4. Eva November 23, 2016 / 2:40 pm

Girl I am telling you we have a telephatic connection..Just yesterday, after quite some time, I was remembering you & DMed on instagram & up came your post in a few mins..hahaha. Can’t wait to see your wedding photos. Anyways Congrats again & have a safe pregnancy. And yeah, the baby is a boy, right?

xoxo Eva | http://www.evakindles.com

November 29, 2016 / 2:55 pm

Hi Eva, hahaha we do have that kind of connection haha! I truly appreciate the fact that you thought of me! And also thanks for your warm wishes, plus for not leaving me! Yes, it’s a boy! Can’t wait to meet the little fella either :) Love ya! xo

5. WhatWouldVWear November 23, 2016 / 6:00 pm

My sweet Vivian, you and I have so much in common! I am also having a baby boy! CONGRATULATIONS to you and your hubby! SO glad that you are feeling better too! You certainly LOOK AMAZING and I cannot wait to see your new place and how you will decorate it! Sending you much love, dear! Love ya!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, love!!!
    xoxo, Vanessa

November 29, 2016 / 2:58 pm

Hi V! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Wowww, I told you we are long-lost sisters haha! Congratulations to you too! I can’t wait to meet yours either :) Love ya too! xo

December 14, 2016 / 11:29 am

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you’re having an amazing week :) xo

6. Mitzie Mee December 2, 2016 / 9:56 am

Hi Viv! Good to see you’re back! I’ve missed you! Congratulations to both of you! So many exciting things to look forward to! And you’re having a boy? (or a girl who loves blue?). PS: Your new blog design looks fabulous.

December 14, 2016 / 11:34 am

Hi Mitz! Sorry for my late reply, but thanks so much for your warm wishes! Yes, we are having a mini Wai! We are over the moon! I can feel his kicks getting stronger every day! :) And thanks so much for the compliment! We’ve been working on it since we’ve decided to go back in the blogosphere :) How have you been doing lately? xoxo

December 14, 2016 / 11:35 am

Awww, that’s so sweet of you! Thanks so much for your lovely comment! You make me blush! xo

7. THE WɅNDΞRLISTE💫 (@thewanderliste) January 28, 2017 / 6:48 am

Hi Vivian! It’s so lovely to read about the updates in your life lately with the wedding, moving into a new place, and the baby on the way! I hope you’re feeling better through the process as I’ve heard often times the beginning can be the most difficult to adjust. I’m truly very happy for you both. Though I’ve never met you in person, I’m still very glad to have met you virtually through the blogging world (though I must admit with my disappearance due to personal matters and reappearance like a year later (haha) I’m glad we’re still able to stay connected!). I hope you both have a lovely new year celebration, and thanks for your lovely comments and bdae wishes. Gosh time sure flies by fast doesn’t it! :) xo~ Lena