How to make a bridal flower comb

Hi there!

flowercomb007

Today I’d like to share another DIY wedding tutorial with you! This is also the final ‘episode’ of the wedding bells series. As our wedding day is fast approaching, we get busier and busier (please bear with us). Also, we’ll be moving into our new apartment in a few weeks..Yup, we know how to keep ourselves busy and tired :p Anyway, let’s get down to business. As mentioned, I’d like to share an easy-to-follow step-by-step tutorial on how to create a simple yet beautiful flower hair comb for your maid of honour or bridesmaids. As many of you may know, my baby/little sis, Ling is going to be my maid of honour. She’s my best friend, soul mate, my other half. I could still remember the days we played barbie dolls and lego, painted each other’s nails, sang lots of Twins (HK cantopop duo) songs together. We were inseperable and we still are. As she’s going to be my maid of honour, I wanted to make a personalized hair piece for her. So let’s get started!

Time needed: approximately 10 minutes

// supplies

flowercombsuppliesNote: you can also use real flowers instead of artifical. Please keep in mind you will need floral or brass wire in order to secure the flowers.

flowercomb001// First, choose a flower which you would like to start with and wrap through the prongs of the comb. Make sure you do this carefully as the prongs may be break.

flowercomb002// Cut off excess stems using cutting pliers.

flowercomb005// Now it’s time to add the roses to the comb…

flowercomb006//Keep on wrapping..

flowercomb007 flowercomb008// Et voilà! The flower comb for your maid of honour is done :) That was pretty easy right?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I hope you find this useful. Until next time!

1. PinaySkattebasse August 10, 2016 / 7:24 pm

sooo simple but ELEGANT! Looks like the wedding preparation is going great. :) yay!

• Vivian August 15, 2016 / 12:32 pm

Thanks so much Angela! Hhaha that’s right, just a few more weeks to go! ;)

2. Sofia August 12, 2016 / 12:58 pm

I have no creativity in making things like this so I’m full of admiration for you. They are beautiful! Making these yourself makes it all the more special. xx

• Vivian August 15, 2016 / 12:33 pm

Thanks so much Sofia! I’m so glad you liked these! They are actually quite easy to make :) xoxo

3. yuliaivanova2015 August 12, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Vivian, these are so pretty! I wish you got married before me so that I could use some of your wedding preparation tutorials, lol. Anyway, I can imagine how busy you are and I wish everything goes smoothly and according to the plan in the next few weeks:) Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

Yuliannova

• Vivian August 15, 2016 / 12:36 pm

Hi Yulia, great to hear from you! I hope you’re well! Hahaha, so sweet of you! You always know how to make me smile :) Everything is going well so far hehehe..just a few more weeks to go eeeeeek! xoxo

• Vivian August 15, 2016 / 12:36 pm

Thanks so much, D! :) Have a great start to your week! xoxo

4. sileas August 16, 2016 / 1:41 pm

Omg how pretty are these?! Absolutely love them!!

5. wazwu August 21, 2016 / 2:14 am

Love this DIY comb! Sounds like all the wedding prep is going well. Best of luck with all the final details! Such an exciting time. I hope you’re enjoying it. :)

6. Eva August 21, 2016 / 3:04 pm

First of all, Congratulations on moving into your new apartment. I bet you must be pretty busy & excited these days as your wedding. is so near. Can’t wait to see your wedding photographs. I love how simple and awesome this diy is. This floral hair piece will look gorgeous on Ling. Anyways, have a great weekend, sweetie <3

xoxo Eva | http://www.evakindles.com