The sun’s out, the temperature’s up, season sale has begun…Yes, summer is officially here!
When it comes to summer wear, a romper is a must-have piece. Rompers keep popping up this season.
They’re comfy, stylish, versatile, perfect for outdoor activities and you don’t have to worry about showing your underwear (oops!).
Alright, now we know this one-piece suit is a summer staple – but how do you look cool and stylish in a romper without trying too hard?
- Right fit is key. This is so important. You don’t want to look like you’re wearing your PJs after all. The perfect romper isn’t too tight or loose and it also helps you to cinch your waist a little.
- Pair it with a denim jacket. No matter what length, colour/print your romper is, you can always pair it with a denim jacket.
- Not a fan of denim jackets? Go for a blazer! I, personally, would pair it with a short draped blazer or a blazer which is no longer than the length of my romper.
- Strappy (heeled) sandals and a romper are a great combo. But if you don’t like showing off your feet, you can also pair it with sneakers. That works too.
- Add a playful touch to your look by simply pairing it with a backpack. If you don’t like backpacks, you can also go for a small crossbody bag.
- Last but not least, opt for a halter neck romper if you don’t feel like wearing a necklace. A halter neckline adds interest to your neck and shoulders so you don’t need to wear a necklace.
How would you style a romper?
photographed by Wai
Mango halter neck romper (no longer available, but find similar styles here)
Stradivarius oversized denim jacket
Leather backpack (purchased in Hong Kong, but find similar styles here)
Michael Kors sunnies (similar here)
Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Until next time!