When it comes to dresses, the little black dress (LBD) is an absolute wardrobe staple. We all know that an LBD is the perfect dress for a night out, formal event or a cocktail party. Today, a little black dress is not just for evening parties (thank George for that!). You can also wear it during daytime and I think every girl should have one in her wardrobe. Here a few reasons why une petite robe noire never goes out of style..
- ..comes in different styles, lengths and textures. Think of side slit dresses, skater dresses, halter dresses, shift dresses, long/short sleeves, lace and so on. Decisions…desicions..
- ..is suitable for almost any occasion. Whether you are having brunch with friends, going to class or work or having a family gathering, they are all suitable! And you know what? I even think you can wear an LBD to a wedding party!
- ..is the perfect item you can wear from day to night. In other words, you could easily dress it up or down. Running errands? Pair your LBD with some kicks and off you go! A bit chilly? Wear a denim jacket or a bomber over your dress. A romantic date tonight? Change your look by simply changing your shoes.
- ..is easy to combine. LBDs are so versatile and since it’s black, you can combine it with any colour you like.
- ..flatters each and every body type so anyone can wear it. You can easily highlight (or hide) your assets.
- ..can be worn at any age. Whether you’re sweet 16, 25, 30 or fashionable 40+, you’ll still look great in that little black dress!
In my outfit today, I’m wearing my own LBD (I’d rather call it a long black dress here). I absolutely love this dress as it has a side slit detail. I’ve already worn it multiple times and it’s one of my favourite LBDs.
How about you? Have you found your perfect little black dress yet?
photographed by Wai
Mango side slit long dress (sold out, but find similar styles here)
Mango bomber jacket (similar here)
Mango slingback loafers (no longer available, but find similar styles here)
Ralph Lauren bag (similar here)
Ted Baker heart shaped earrings (no longer available, but find similar styles here)
Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Until next time!