Pre-wedding

Happy Friday!

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-262

No no, WAIT WAITTTTT! Before you’re going to shout congratulations, NO, we’re not married yet! As the title implies, these are the pictures of our pre-wedding photo shoot in HK.

For those who aren’t familiar with a pre-wedding, a pre-wedding photo session often takes place before the actual wedding day (our Big Day is in Sep). It’s very popular among Asians and it’s a great way to feel at ease in front of the camera. In this case, this was very handy for Wai since he’s camera shy. Another reason why we took a pre-wedding session is because we wanted to get some shots so we can show these to our wedding guests.

Anyhow, speaking about the pre-wedding pictures – it was hard to choose since we have a lot of photos, but here are some of our favourite shots of the photo shoot :) Hope you’ll like them! Have a lovely weekend! Xo

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-224

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-92

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-191

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-196

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-187

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-27

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-10

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-241

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-35

vivian-wailun-sophiakwanphotography-125

A massive thank you to..

Sophia Kwan Photography
Hair & Makeup by Euthy Wong @ Makeup.Fever
Bridal bouquet by Cindy Cheung

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Until next time!

1. No Rule, Just Style June 4, 2016 / 11:04 pm

Thank you for sharing your pre-wedding pictures! Lovely pics…the second one is my favorite! #StolenMoments

Your dress is gorgeous…just like the bride-to-be. The way Wai looks at you in the third & ninth picture says it all. He truly knows what he has. Congratulations again on your engagement! Can’t wait to see pics from your wedding!

A| https://norulejuststyle.wordpress.com/

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:07 pm

Hi Abrielle! Thank you so much for your sweet comment! It made us smile! Speaking of that wedding dress…hahahaha, it wasn’t my favourite dress to be honest (I’ve rented this for the photo shoot). First of all, I don’t like strapless dresses…I don’t know why, but I just don’t feel very comfy in those. Anyway, I decided to go for strapless as the price of this dress was affordable (this wasn’t my best decision, but hey, I wanted to save some money for the real wedding! :p). Second, the length of the dress was way too long, I stepped on the dress every single time! That was so annoying and I could literally hear the seams on that dress ripping (oops!) Finally, one of those steel bones of the corset was cutting into my skin and that hurt like crazyyyyyy! Luckily you won’t be able to see that in those pictures :) Anyway, this is what really happened BTS and I thought I wanted to share it with you hehehe:) Hope you’re having an amazing week! xoxo

• No Rule, Just Style June 10, 2016 / 1:00 am

Oh my goodness! Well hopefully your “real” dress won’t have many complications. Ha! You’re a true model. I would never imagine that the dress was annoying with these flawless pics. Now I’m REALLY looking forward to your wedding pictures. Enjoy your upcoming weekend! Xx

2. Mitzie Mee June 5, 2016 / 3:33 pm

You two make such a beautiful couple and the dress is absolutely gorgeous. Where are the photos taken? It looks like a fairytale forest with all those beautiful old trees:)

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:10 pm

Thanks Mitz! That’s so sweet! Speaking of that dress..it wasn’t my favourite dress to be honest (I’ve rented this for the photo shoot). First of all, I don’t like strapless dresses…I don’t know why, but I just don’t feel very comfy in those. Anyway, I decided to go for strapless as the price of this dress was affordable (this wasn’t my best decision, but hey, I wanted to save some money for the real wedding! :p). Second, the length of the dress was way too long, I stepped on the dress every single time! That was so annoying and I could literally hear the seams on that dress ripping (oops!) Finally, one of those steel bones of the corset was cutting into my skin and that hurt like crazyyyyyy! Luckily you won’t be able to see that in those pictures :) The photo shoot took place in Sai Kung at the Lions Nature Education Centre (situated in Tsiu Hang Special area)! This is a very popular place to take (pre-) wedding photo shoots :)

• Mitzie Mee June 12, 2016 / 10:08 pm

I still think you look great in the dress:) I can’t wait to see your real wedding dress. I’m guessing something more traditional, like the one Kate Middleton wore without the length?

• Vivian June 21, 2016 / 2:49 pm

Hahaha to be honest, that’s the dress I wanted in the first place! You know me too well, Mitz! :) But unfortunately they didn’t have many long sleeve wedding dresses at that time…so I went for another one :)

• Vivian June 6, 2016 / 4:55 pm

Thanks so much Jane! Have a great start to your week! xoxo

3. Colovibes June 6, 2016 / 7:15 pm

OMG!!! You look so cute together and you look amazing!!! Sorry for appearing too late here but I was on holidays and disconnected a little but I was looking forward to see this post since I saw it in IG!! You really look stunning! You are such a beautiful couple!!!
    Xo

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 2:41 pm

No worries! I saw your snapchat and you were in NYC!! Omgggg that’s amazing! Hope you had fun and thanks for your lovely comment! And you make us blush! The photographer and the makeup artist made us look like a fairytale princess/prince! :) Have a great week! xoxo

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:12 pm

Thanks so much Dakota! You make us blush! xo

4. stylewich June 6, 2016 / 10:34 pm

These photos are breathtaking Vivian! woooooow!!! You guys make a gorgeous couple and I am looking forward to the actual wedding photos. :D

Love, Liz
    stylewich.com

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:14 pm

Hi Liz! Awww that’s so sweet of you, thanks so much! Haha I can’t wait eitherrr…Only three months to go, EEEK! Hope you’re having an amazing weeek :) xoxo

5. Kia / KTS June 7, 2016 / 12:52 am

You look absolutely gorgeous Vivian :). And I love the idea of pre-wedding photos. It takes the stress out of leaving the wedding place and taking photos just to be on time for the reception. Love the idea. I already know your wedding will be just as amazing as your love :).

Kia / KTS

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:16 pm

Hi K, that’s so sweet of you! You really make me blush! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! The pre-wedding photo shoot was amazing and we had such a great time with our photographer friend! She’s awesome! :) Hope you’re having an amazing week! xoxo

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:17 pm

Thanks so much! These photos are taken by my photographer friend, Sophia Kwan :) xo

• Vivian June 8, 2016 / 3:17 pm

Thanks so much Melis! You make us blush! Hope you’re having an amazing week :) xoxo

• Vivian June 20, 2016 / 4:52 pm

Thanks so much Tamara! You make us blush! xo

6. Carina June 8, 2016 / 8:42 pm

This is a wonderful tradition, which should be more popular everywhere. You looked gorgeous and you guys make a lovely couple! Also, the pictures came out fantastic. Congrats on the engagement!

xo

• Vivian June 20, 2016 / 4:53 pm

Thanks so much Carina! Glad you liked the pictures :) Have a great start to your week :) xo

• Vivian June 20, 2016 / 4:53 pm

Thanks so much Carolina! You’re so sweet! xo

• Vivian June 20, 2016 / 4:54 pm

Thanks so much Molly! Glad you liked the photos! xo

• Vivian June 20, 2016 / 4:56 pm

Hi Filipa! Omgg I’m so excited! I hope your wedding goes well! Enjoy your Big Day hun! xo

• Vivian June 20, 2016 / 5:00 pm

Thanks so much Yuka! You make us blush! xo

7. Monique | WritingMonique June 9, 2016 / 11:38 am

The photo’s are beautiful! You make a very beautiful couple, and I absolutely love the dress!

• Vivian June 21, 2016 / 1:52 pm

Thank you so much, Monique! xo

8. Lubka Henry (Lubka Christova) June 9, 2016 / 8:04 pm

Very new concept, but I understand the idea. He doesn’t look so shy – you both are perfect in front of a camera!
    I wish you to have an amazing Big Day when September comes :))

• Vivian June 21, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Haha thank you! He practised a lot in front of the mirror! :p Thanks for your warm wishes :) xo

9. Cielo June 10, 2016 / 8:19 am

Such a cute couple! Your photos are stunning! Congratulations!!! =)

– Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

• Vivian June 21, 2016 / 1:54 pm

That’s very sweet of you, thank you so much! xo

10. Eva June 18, 2016 / 11:15 pm

Wowww…You guys are just perfect. Absolutely love this pre-wedding photoshoot. You don’t look uncomfortable at all in that amazing strapless dress. And hey, Wai doesn’t seem camera shy at all. Now I know..he’s so handsome that’s why you are hiding him from the envious eyes visiting your blog, right? hehehe. Anyways Congrats once again.

• Vivian June 21, 2016 / 1:58 pm

Hahahah that’s a good one! I really laughed about the handsome part! :p You should have known better, dear! He practised a lot in order not to look shy:) Anyway, thanks for your lovely comment! xo

11. Karen June 27, 2016 / 5:57 pm

This is too cute for words!!! I love that I just landed on your blog and there are these dreamy pictures ready to welcome me :)WOW! Your hair and dress are on point! Congrats hun.

• Vivian June 29, 2016 / 11:20 am

Thanks so much Karen! These pictures are taken by our lovely friend Sophia Kwan (www.sophiakwan.com) :) You can visit her website for more inspo! xo Vivian

12. thefashionmansion June 30, 2016 / 2:09 pm

Such beautiful pictures!
    Please check out my new fashion inspiration blog: tfmbe.blogspot.com
    Thanks! x