The Blazer Li’sters

Hi there!

twinning017

Guess who’s back in town??

The Li’sters are reunited and it feels good! Oh, how I’ve missed my baby sis! Ling just decided to stay a bit longer so she could spend more time with the family. I couldn’t be any happier! Chitchatting, eating junk food, taking crazy selfies, editing pictures and YouTube videos (watch her latest video here) and staying up all night (though I’d fall asleep earlier than she does) are the things we love to do. #thatshowweroll

Anyway, we’ve decided to come up with a new twinning look and this time it’s my turn to style the look from head to toe. We kept everything as simple as possible as we’ve wanted to draw the focus to the turn up sleeve blazer. You can never go wrong with a blazer. It’s casually chic, classy, super comfortable (think of the 4Cs) and I often wear one whenever I’m having a “nothing to wear” moment. Oh and before I forgot, Zara blazers are the best! They’re simply amazing (they’re even better than Mango, sorry)! Whether it’s the cut of the blazer, the sleeves or the shoulder areas, they always fit like a glove!

What do you think of blazers?

twinning014

twinning018

twinning0000

twinning013

twinning008

twinning0002

twinning010

twinning003

twinning009

twinning006

twinning007

photographed by Wai

What Ling wore

Zara blazer
Mango basic sweater (old, but find similar styles here)
Topshop jeans
Manfield Oxfords (old, but find similar styles here)
Ralph Lauren bag
Olivia Burton watch

What I wore

Zara blazer
Primark ribbed top
Zara jeans
Manfield loafers
Hugo Boss bag (similar here)
Cluse watch (similar here)
DIY choker (a tutorial will follow soon)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Until next time!

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:08 am

Thanks so much Jessi! Have a great start to your week :) xoxo

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:10 am

Thanks so much for stopping by, Dakota! If you don’t feel comfortable in white, you can also choose beige, ivory or sand beige :) I believe those colours will look amazing on you! Have a great start to your week :)

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:11 am

Thank you so much! Have a great start to your week! xoxo

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:11 am

Thanks so much Yuka! Have a great start to your week :) xoxo

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:12 am

Thank you so much Carolina! That’s so sweet of you :) xoxo

1. Mitzie Mee May 11, 2016 / 4:57 pm

Love this post! You both look awesome in your white blazers! Wonder if they’re still in store at Zara, as I’ve grown out of my old white blazer:) Btw I’m in Amsterdam this weekend. I know you’re busy with the wedding and stuff, and I’m also only in the city centre Thu-Fri, but if you know any good restaurants or cafes I should check out, then please let me know:):)

• Vivian May 11, 2016 / 6:03 pm

Nooo wayyy!! Only for two days?? Why don’t you stay a little longer Mitz! Omg I really wish I could meet you! Too bad I need to work :( If you like Vietnamese food, you should definitely check out “Saigon Cafe Lounge restaurant” (add: Leidsestraat 95, near Leidse square) or “Ô MAI” (add: Utrechtsestraat 12, near Rembrandt square, diagonally opposite to Starbucks). And if you don’t mind getting your hands ‘dirty’, you can go for unlimited spareribs or pancakes at “Satellite Sportscafé” (Leidseplein 11 = Leidse square). This place may not be very fancy as it’s a soccer café/bar, but the food is pretty good! As for lunch, you may go to “Vinnies” (add: located at the corner of Nieuwezijds Kolk 33, near Humphrey’s restaurant, don’t go to Humphrey’s unless you can’t find a good restaurant. I’m not saying that Humphrey’s isn’t good, but I won’t recommend it hehe). Vinnies’ latte and avocadao & cottage cheese are delicious! If you like high tea or American bakery, you may go to “De Drie Graefjes” (add: Rokin 128). The salmon sandwich with wasabi is so so good!! And so are the red velvet cake and the muffins! You won’t get disappointed! However, please note that it may be quite busy at lunch time :)

• Vivian May 11, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Hope this is useful! Have fun Mitz and please stay longer next time! :)

• Mitzie Mee May 13, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Hi Viv! Thank you so much for your recommendations! We went to Vinnies the first day and we loved it! The Pho soup at OMAI, was also really good. On my way back to Dubai now, would have loved to stay longer. Amsterdam is a really wonderful city

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:07 am

Hi Mitz! You’re welcome! I’m glad you liked Vinnies and Ô MAI! :) Have a great start to your week! xoxo

2. stylewich May 11, 2016 / 11:22 pm

I love wearing blazers casually and think both of you look amazing! Photos are beautiful!

Love, Liz
    stylewich.com

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:06 am

Thanks Liz! Hope all is well with you :) xoxo

3. Kia / KTS May 13, 2016 / 8:40 am

Both of you look absolutely amazing. Two beautiful woman looking great.. love it. And I also loved your sisters video as well. I’ve been wanting to go to Amsterdam so I soaked in everything. Beautiful post Vivian.. as always.

Kia / KTS

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:14 am

Awww you’re flattering me K! Thank you so much for watching the video! My little sister would be so happy if she hears this :) Have a great start to your week! xoxo

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:17 am

Thanks Heidi! And so sorry for my late reply…I thought I’ve already replied to the readers! :( Anyway, have a great start to your week! xoxo

4. No Rule, Just Style May 15, 2016 / 3:16 pm

You and your sister are so beautiful! I love this look from head to toe. Simple, but very stylish and classic. An outfit can become more chic by simply adding a blazer; particularly a slightly oversized one.

This was a great post! I’m glad you were able to spend some quality time with your sister. There’s nothing like family! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend! Xx

A| https://norulejuststyle.wordpress.com/

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:20 am

Awww you’re too sweet Abrielle! As always, thank you so much for your lovely comment! I have the best sister in the world :) Have a great start to your week! xoxo

5. Eva May 16, 2016 / 5:23 pm

Love this twinning look. You both are looking so elegant and uber stylish in those white blazers. Your previous twinning post is also amazing. I think you should do such photoshoot whenever you get a chance. It’s so special. And yeah..I love Ling’s videos. Filming, editing, music, everything is superb.

xoxo Eva | http://www.evakindles.com

• Vivian May 23, 2016 / 10:23 am

Thanks Eva! You’re so sweet :) Yes, I love the twinning photoshoots with Ling! She’s the best sister in the world :) And thanks so much for watching her vid! She truly appreciated it :) Have a great start to your week! xoxo