Announcement

DSC09718

Hi, I hope you have been well! It’s been a bit quiet here on the blog, but we have been busy behind the scenes as we are working on a special project (no it’s not the baby bump thing)..

It’s official! We are getting married in September, woohooo!

Over the past few weeks we have been busy working on various tasks. First of all, we went to Hong Kong to attend my cousins’ wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding and it was also a great opportunity to learn the do’s and dont’s. Secondly, we have decided to take our prewedding photoshoot there as well. And what can I say? There were times when it was quite hectic as we had no idea what to expect in the first place. We had a lot of appointments and we were literally running from one place to another. However, we enjoyed every single minute and we had such an amazing time with the photographer (who became our friend in the end) and the MUA. Our prewedding photosession took place in Sai Kung which is also my dad’s hometown :) We can’t show you the pictures yet as it takes a couple of months in order to receive them, but we will show you some once they are done #staytuned.
Finally, we have bought a lot stuff for the wedding. For those who are familiar with the Chinese culture, there are some wedding rituals which will usually be held in the morning before the wedding. With that said, there a lot of RED things. Oh boy, I’ve never bought so many reds in my life! The colour red plays an important role during a Chinese wedding as it stands for joy and prosperity. So can you guess what colour my wedding gown will be?

Ivory it is (haha gotcha if your answer was red). Yup, we will have a western wedding after all, but we will incoporate some Chinese wedding traditions into the western style. I seriously can’t wait to show you my wedding gown, but I guess we just have to wait until September :)

So what happens next?
Wai and I are literally working on it every single day (sorry for the delayed responses, please bear with us). As I love DIY, I’ll also make some wedding decorations myself. In order to get you into the wedding spirit, I’ll start a new series on the blog soon.

Alright that’s it for today. I hope you’re all as excited as we are! Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Until next time!

1. alisia February 23, 2016 / 6:00 pm

Wat leuk vivian dat je gaat trouwen en ik kan niet wachten met de diy. Je bent zo creatief.

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 10:52 am

Dankjewel lieve Alisia, super lief van je! :) Ik ben er letterlijk elke dag mee bezig, maar het komt allemaal goed! :)

2. No Rule, Just Style February 24, 2016 / 3:07 pm

First and foremost, Congratulations once again! Can’t wait to see the pictures! The photos will be worth the wait as I’m sure they will be stunning, given the beautiful couple. No need for apologies. I’ve attended and have been a part of numerous weddings. So I know how chaotic things can be. Looking forward to the new series! Have a blessed day my dears! #SoExcited Xx

A| https://norulejuststyle.wordpress.com/

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Awww, thanks so much Abrielle! You’re always so sweet to me! I’m so glad that I have found you through blogging, you’re such a wonderful person! :) Have a great day xoxo

3. Harija February 24, 2016 / 4:41 pm

COngrats!!
    Love your post, great content!

Have a great Wednesday!!

MyLyfeMyStory

4. Mitzie Mee February 24, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Congratulations Viv and Wai! I already said that before I know, but now it’s official (it’s on the blog) so I thought I would take the chance to tell you once again how happy I am for you. With your great sense of style I’m sure this would go down in history as one of the most beautiful weddings, and I’m really looking forward to read about your preparations and the big day:)

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Hi Mitz! Thanks so much! That’s super super sweet of you! It means a lot to us! :) Thank you for that and I’ll publish a new DIY post this week! xoxo

5. Alice Shiya February 24, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Congratulations! September should make for a gorgeous wedding. Can’t wait to see posts about your big day!

xo, alice / T Y P E N U

6. Asa February 25, 2016 / 1:12 am

Congratulations on setting a date. So glad you guys are doing well. Your trip to Hong Kong sounds amazing. I can’t wait to see your engagement photos and wedding dress. I totally thought it was going to be red! Ha. :)

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:45 pm

Thanks for your sweet comment, Asa! Haha gotcha ;) Hope you are having an amazing week! xoxo

7. WhatWouldVWear February 25, 2016 / 11:07 pm

OMG! Congrats, V! I’m so happy for you and your finance! September is around the corner! Can’t wait to see the wedding pics, babe! Sending much love your way!
    PS: We never quite made it to Holland, sorry! Our trip to Europe went by too fast! But there’s always a next time! :)
    xoxo, Vanessa

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Thanks so much V! Means a lot to me :) Haha it’s ok and you’re totally right! There’s always a next time :) Hope you’re having an amazing week! xoxo

8. Viviene Kok February 26, 2016 / 1:39 pm

So this is the good news!! :) :) :)

Seriously thought your wedding dress is red hahah! Did you shoot in the tradisional Chinese outfit if you know what I mean? Kinda a huge trend in Malaysia now hehe.

Real Life Nerd

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:52 pm

Hahaha I know exactly what you mean! But no, I didn’t wear a traditional red dress during the shoot (thank goodness for that hehehe) :) xoxo

9. Colovibes February 26, 2016 / 7:13 pm

Ohh!! So happy for you and can’t wait to see your pre wedding pics, for sure they will be amazing!!! enjoy each step because that days happens everything so fast that it is great if you have enjoyed the way! ;) But for me was one of the best days of my life if I had the money I would get married every year! haha!
    Have a great weekend babe!
    XoXo

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:54 pm

Thanks so much for your advice, Heidi! I’ll keep that in mind :) I even have wedding diary so I can look back once I get married :) Hope you are having an amazing week! xoxo

10. Eva February 26, 2016 / 10:10 pm

Congratulations Vivian & Wai! I am so happy & excited to hear the news. My intuition was right, I was thinking you would be breaking the news this time around..hahaha. Can’t wait to see your wedding gown. Hope you would take us all along in your wedding journey through your blog. Congratulations once again!

xoxo Eva | http://www.evakindles.com

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:55 pm

That’s very sweet of you, thanks so much Eva! It means a lot to the both of us :) I’m so glad we’re connected, you’re always so sweet to me! :) Hope you are having an amazing week! xoxo

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:56 pm

Thanks so much Yasmin! It means a lot to me :) Hope you are having an amazing week! xoxo

11. Christina February 27, 2016 / 1:33 am

Oh my gosh! Congratulations Vivian! I am so happy for you and cannot wait to follow along with your new series. Best wishes to you two!

Best,
    Christina

Looks by Lau

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 1:57 pm

Thst’s very sweet of you, thank you so much Christina! :) It means a lot to me! xoxo

12. Sheela Goh February 27, 2016 / 6:25 am

Congratulations, Vivian!! What a lovely lovely announcement xoxo

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 2:04 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Cynthia and thanks so much for you lovely wishes! Means a lot to me :) xoxo

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 2:09 pm

That’s very sweet of you, thank you so much Doreen! Truly appreciate it :) Hope you are having an amazing week! xoxo

13. ringsabelle February 29, 2016 / 12:38 am

Congratulations on your engagement! Being engaged is such a special time. Be sure to take your time with wedding planning and enjoy each others company!
    xx Belle

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 2:09 pm

Hi Belle, thank you so much for stopping by and thank you for your sweet comment! Truly appreciate it :) xoxo

14. Karen February 29, 2016 / 11:21 am

Congrats Vivian! I really hope you share the planning details and everything with us because I’m nosy like that haha!
    Much Love Karen
    (STYLESMORGASBORD) [BLOGLOVIN])

• vivian | t w o w a r d March 1, 2016 / 2:11 pm

Thanks for your wishes Karen! Truly appreciate it :) Of course! I’m already working on it hehehe :) Hope you are having an amazing week!

• Vivian March 2, 2016 / 4:44 pm

Dankjewel!! :) xoxo

15. Dāsha March 1, 2016 / 10:32 pm

Such wonderful news😄

• Vivian March 2, 2016 / 4:45 pm

Thank you so much D! ;) xoxo

16. Joyce Davies March 18, 2016 / 8:23 am

Congrats!!! I’m so excited for you!! I can’t wait to see the pictures and see how it turned out!! WOW, Your going to be a beautiful bride!!!

Hugs & Love