Two ways to tie a trench

Hi there!

Today I would like to share two simple ways to secure the belt of your trench.

:: FRONT :: “I’m in a rush” knot

T1step01

First, grab the belt and hold it equally on both sides.

T1step2

Cross the tail side (left) over the buckle side (right).

T1step3

Make sure you pull the tail side up and the buckle side down.

T1step4n5

Pull the buckle side down and cross it over the tail side. Make sure you hold it tight, so you can make a little loop in between them.

T1step6

Then, tuck the buckle side into the loop and secure it so you have a little knot in the middle.

T1step7

Tighten your belt and you’re done!

T1result

T1result03

:: BACK :: half bow-ish

I saw this method on the Internet but since my belt isn’t too long, I’ve added my own twist to it.

T2step1

Hold the belt so the tail side is (much) longer than the buckle side.

T2step2

Cross both sides over each other. Make sure you pull the buckle side up and the other one down.

T2step3

Make a loop with the tail side.

T2step4

Now take your buckle side and fold it into a half bow et voilà! Optional: if your belt is long enough, you can also fold it into a bow.

T2result

Alright, that’s it for today! I hope you find these useful! These are by far my favourite ways to tie a trench especially the first method :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Until next time!

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:46 pm

Hahaha can’t wait to see how you rock in a trench!! ;) Have a nice evening babe!

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:48 pm

My pleasure babe!! Glad you found it useful! ;) Have a lovely day ahead! xo

1. Asa September 11, 2015 / 4:28 pm

Great tips! I’ve always wanted a trench, but have yet to buy one. I like the second option, it has a feminine flair but I would most likely wear option one to create a cinched waist.

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:49 pm

Hi Asa! Thanks for your lovely comment! I’m glad you found it useful :) Have a great start to your week! ;) xo

2. Yulia September 12, 2015 / 3:54 am

This is exactly what I needed, Vivian!:) I always had a difficulty tying a trench coat, so most of the time I didn’t really button it and tucked a tail in a pocket. I cannot wait for some fall weather to try your first method though:) Thank you so much:) Have a great weekend!

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:52 pm

Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Yulia! Glad to hear that you found it useful! And I couldn’t agree with you more, the first method is by far my fave way of tying a trench! ;) Have a great start to your week! xo

3. Pru Yeo September 12, 2015 / 2:59 pm

Very clever ways to tie a trench! I don’t get to wear trench in Singapore but will keep these methods in mind if I visit a colder place!

Prudence

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:52 pm

Thank you so much Prudence! I’m glad you liked it! Have a great start to your week xo

4. Mitzie Mee September 12, 2015 / 10:59 pm

Très chic Viv! I’m always too lazy to use the buckle, so I usually wear my trench open, tied in the back, and now I know how to make it look stylish too:)

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:56 pm

Thank you Mitz! I’m glad you found it useful! I prefer wearing my trench open and I will only tie it when it’s getting colder :) xo

5. stylewich September 14, 2015 / 7:40 am

great tutorial babe! i’m a little sloppy with tying my trench but i’m going to use these tips. love the trench too!

love, liz
    stylewich.com

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 3:59 pm

Thank you so much Liz! Glad you found it useful! :) Have a great start to your week! xo

6. Eva September 14, 2015 / 12:20 pm

love your tips and love your trench too..it is still so hot here in India i hope to wear a trench soon!
    xoxo Eva | http://www.becausepassion.com

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 14, 2015 / 4:00 pm

Thank you so much Eva! I’m glad you found it useful! :) Can’t wait to see you in a trench :) Have a great day! xo

7. Naeun September 14, 2015 / 4:46 pm

I’m so hopeless with tying things in a pretty way haha especially on clothes. These tips should definitely come in handy! Although trench season is pretty much done here in Australia, I can play around with my sleeveless vest hehe thanks for the tutorial Vivian :) xx

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 16, 2015 / 10:19 am

Happy Hump Day Naeun! You’re welcome, I’m glad you found it useful :) Love you! xo

8. Kia / The House of KTS September 14, 2015 / 9:55 pm

Yes, I will admit it. I am horrible at tying a trench coat, or any other coat for that matter lol. I don’t know, I always feel like I do it in a bulky way. I will definitely try out this method. Thanks for this Vivian.

Kia / KTS

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 16, 2015 / 10:17 am

You’re welcome K! I’m glad you found it useful :) Have a great day! xo

9. banglesandbungalows September 15, 2015 / 2:19 am

Very cool tricks! I’ve never tried the second way, but it’s a great option if you want to keep your jacket open and the belt out of your way without removing it completely. Plus it cinches the waist just a bit for a nice hourglass look. Thanks for the tips!

xx Yasmin

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 16, 2015 / 10:15 am

You’re so welcome Yasmin! I’m glad you found it useful :) Have a lovely day ahead! xo

• vivian | t w o w a r d September 16, 2015 / 10:14 am

Thank you for stopping by, truly appreciate it! Have a lovely day ahead :) xo

10. Jasmine September 15, 2015 / 4:14 am

I’ve always wanted a trench but it’s so impractical to have one here in sunny LA. I love the way you tied it both ways!

be the plebeian