“Last minute” blazer

Happy Friday!

blazer0071

Let’s imagine a scenario: you’ve been looking forward to your summer vacay for months now and the day has finally arrived! Yay! You’ve already gone through your packing list — you’ve checked the weather forecast, booking confirmation, tickets, money, passport, cards etc. Everything seems to be pretty fine and you’re about to leave in just a few minutes. Suddenly a whatsapp message pops up, coming from your travel buddy.

-“Have you finished packing yet?”
+”Yup, leaving in 15 min. Have you checked the weather forecast? We’ve got some rainy days, so it might be a bit chilly in the evenings. What coat are you going to take?”
– “A lightweight jacket, you know that breezy one.”
+ “Only a lightweight coat?? U sure??”
– “Of course. It’s summer! Don’t tell me you’re going to bring that trench with you! You’re going to sweat like crazy.”

Oops, that’s exactly what you’re going to do…but you’re not going to tell your travel buddy about that, are you? So in this case, you’re going to act normal and switch to your back-up plan: replace the trench for the “last minute” outerwear piece: a blazer. .

+ “NO! Of course not, dohhh! What makes you think so?”
– “I don’t know. You always end up wearing way too many layers.”

Without wasting a minute, you immediately put your phone aside and grab your “last minute” blazer. You’ve got to hurry hurry…quick quick quick..

+ “Don’t be so silly. It’s summer dohhh! I’m going to take a blazer…you know that classic one.. not too thick, not too thin hehe…”
– “Oh wow, that’s so clever of you!”
+ “Of course, think twice before you pack your suitcase right!”

Now, you’re probably wondering why on earth would you choose a blazer as the ultimate last minute outerwear piece? Well, it’s timeless, versatile and it’s appropiate for all seasons. I’ve several variations of blazers — waterfall, long, short, embellished, tailored, you name it. It’s the perfect staple in your wardrobe and it can even spice up your outfit. Yes, a blazer is always a good idea!
blazer000

blazer0099

blazer005

classicblazer

tee: Mango (old) | blazer: Zara (old) | skinnies (ultra soft): Primark | shoes: Mango (old)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Love,

Let’s keep in touch!

instagram-32pinterest-32

instagram-32wordpress-32

1. Colovibes August 14, 2015 / 3:56 pm

Love that blazer and yes it is always a good idea!! totally agree with you!! haha! And log show you have tell the story!!
    have a great weekend babe!
    XoXo

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:31 am

Haha thanks Heidi! You’re the best!! :) Hope you’re having a great time in Nice!! Keep on snappin’! I’m watching you :p xo Vivian

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:58 am

You’re really flattering me V! Love you too! Hope you’re having a great week so far!! ;) xo

2. Mitzie Mee August 14, 2015 / 9:00 pm

*LOL* I’m the queen of bad holiday wardrobe management! I once went to New York in February without proper winter clothes *FAIL*. A travel buddy like your really comes in handy, but of course we won’t admit that:) Love the blazer btw. I think it’s the first time to see you in that shade of brown?

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:35 am

Hi Mitz! Haha no worries! It’s a good excuse to buy new clothes then, right? ;) And yes you’re right! I don’t wear brown that often, I usually would go for blue or black :p But thank you anyway! Truly appreciate it :) Have a great day and I hope you’re having a great time with your family! ;) xo

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:36 am

Hahaha you’re really flattering me Kris! But thanks so much for your lovely comment :) You just made my day! :D Have a great day beautiful! xo

3. No Rule, Just Style August 15, 2015 / 2:04 pm

You look lovely my dear! Love this dialogue! LOL. Your ensemble is my “go to” look when I need to put something together at the last minute. It’s effortlessly chic! A blazer is an essential piece that can give any outfit that extra oomph.
    Great post!
    Abrielle| https://norulejuststyle.wordpress.com/

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:39 am

Thank you so much Abrielle! Haha and yes I completely agree with you! You can never go wrong with a blazer hehe..Have a great day! :) xo

4. Roshani August 15, 2015 / 5:52 pm

Love it!!! You look gorgeous in that blazer!

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:39 am

Thank you so much for stopping by Roshani! Glad you liked it! Have a great day :) xo

5. herfivesenses August 16, 2015 / 4:14 am

Loving the tone of that blazer! xx Love JJ

6. Naeun August 17, 2015 / 4:22 pm

Haha this made me crack up!! This sounds exactly like a conversation I would have with my friend haha and I’m with you on the blazers as a great cover-up for any occasion and weather. I love the colour of yours and I don’t think I’ve seen one similar around, hopefully I’ll see one soon. Also that ring is looking very good in your photos haha :) Have a great week Vivian xx

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:43 am

Thank you so much Naeun! Haha true! You can never go wrong with a blazer ;) I also hope you will find one soon! Have a great day beautiful! :) xo

7. Kia / The House of KTS August 17, 2015 / 9:25 pm

Oh Vivian, I am so in love with that blazer. And that crossbody bag is just an amazing accessory add on. You know I absolutely love visiting your space. I am always inspired in some way.

Kia / House of KTS

• vivian | t w o w a r d August 19, 2015 / 10:46 am

Awww that’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard! Thank you so much for the kind words, K! I truly appreciate it :) I love visiting your blog too! Hope you’re having a great week so far! :) xo Vivian

8. Sheree August 21, 2015 / 10:26 am

You look so effortlessly chic and cool in this outfit Vivian! The color is versatile and goes with everything and the cut fits you like a glove. Great black loafers btw.

~xo Sheree
    IG: @poshclassymom

9. Sharon P. Sayles August 28, 2015 / 12:52 pm

Ahhh so all this just for buying a new coat ;) well good post, I must say. Shot is really nice and look at the bag amazing, black and camel great match. I am a big fan of fur coats, blazers and I prefer to buy them while browsing http://www.clothingric.com/categories/women-clothing.

10. Viviene Kok September 15, 2015 / 3:32 am

Nice blazer! Especially the buttons on the sleeve. I would go for an extremely lightweight trench to cover up and for that added jazz. Better to overdress than under-dress haha :) :) :)

Real Life Nerd // http://www.vivienekok.blogspot.com